Jesus, Bread, and Chocolate Chicago Tour
Monday, April 6th Book Launch Party, Two Brothers Roundhouse, Aurora IL (205 N. Broadway, Aurora IL 60505 / 630-264-2739)
Open to the public. No admission charge. Cash coffee and beer bars and a full menu (amazing) restaurant are right there on the premises. John will speak briefly and read some sections from the book. There will be live music and the whole shebang will be live streamed. This will be the FIRST place you can buy Jesus, Bread, and Chocolate. Pre-orders placed through JesusBreadChocolate.com can also be picked up here if you make that arrangement ahead of time. The Two Brothers Roundhouse is an especially perfect place for this celebration because they are a coffee roaster, a microbrewery, and they are a major part of the revitalization of Aurora through craft and community! The Thompsons lived just around the corner for years and even played at the Roundhouse with The Wayside back in the day. Let’s pack it out!
Tuesday, April 7th, ThinkChristian.net and Under The Radar present Jesus Bread and Chocolate on the South Side, w special musical guest Tobin Bawinkel of Flotfoot 56 and 6’10. (1035 Sterling Ave, Flossmoor, IL 60422 / 708-957-2739)
Join us at Flossmoor Station, a fantastic and critically acclaimed microbrewery and restaurant for a book reading with John and a live Q & A hosted by Think Christian’s Josh Larsen and Under The Radar’s Dave Trout! There will also be live music and plenty of hang time.
Wednesday, April 8th Jesus, Bread, and Chocolate comes to Uptown! Wilson Abbey / Everybody’s Coffee (935 West Wilson, in Chicago, 60640 / 773 303-6220) is the new manifestation of craft, community, and coffee brought to us by the same people who cultivated the Cornerstone Festival experience. There will be a live Q&A hosted by Jon Trott, former editor of Cornerstone Magazine and curator of many of the Cornerstone University seminars and classes – and, of course, live music, including the incredible Glenn Kaiser! plus, it will be Jordan J. Thompson’s 22nd birthday!
Thursday, April 9th (Pending)
Friday, April 10th, Visible School of Music, Chicago (3404 Lake Street, Lansing, IL 60438 / 708 455-1414 John will be on campus most of the day, speaking, critiquing, reading, and hanging out with the students at one of the Chicago area’s most exciting new schools. In the evening there will be a special concert featuring students from Visible school with a special Jesus, Bread, and Chocolate conversation – and a solo acoustic set by John. Admission is free.
Saturday, April 11th, ALL OVER TOWN!
- 11:00 am – 12 noon – LIVE on WMBI and the entire Moody Radio Network
- 12:15 pm – Jesus Bread and Chocolate LUNCHEON at LaSalle Street Church! 1136 North LaSalle Street, Chicago, IL 60610. Come grab a bite while John speaks for a bit, reads a bit, and signs your copy of the book (don’t worry, an autograph only slightly reduces the value;)
- 3:00 PM – Book Signing / Homecoming at Wheaton Religious Gifts, 113 W. Front Street in downtown Wheaton! This is where it all began for John. WRG was his first job. They financed True Tunes and had a role in changing faith based music in the process. Join us for a reading, a book signing, and plenty of hang time. We might even close with a walking tour down the street to the building that housed True Tunes – just for fun.
- 6:00 PM – 7:30PM – “Worship Café” short talk, book reading, and leading a few worship songs
- 8:00 PM – “Unofficial Wheaton College Hang” (possible informal evening hang at the student center.)
Saturday Evening: Pending